We all have favorites. Favorite vacation spots. Favorite movies. Favorite songs. Favorite people. Favorite quotes. Favorite color/s.
And the list goes on.
If you can think it, you probably have a favorite in that area.
The other day, I was chatting with my daughters ages 6, 3, 2. Their most popular phrases these days include:
- Are you serious?
- She did it!…..which tends to be a popular response to 90% of children under the age of….I don’t know….10 maybe.
- That’s not fair!
- Oh, mom, that’s my favorite……which technically ends up being most everything that they talk about.
So, starting there: let’s visit my favorites, which like a child, are many. I am a happy person by nature, but I am ruled by my emotions, so my favorites may change with the tide. As for now, my favs include:
- Movie: The Notebook – when it comes to movies, this is at the very tip-top of my list.
- Place to Eat: Red Lobster – again, my mind changes with the tide so this one changes depending on my mood I guess
- Country Artist – male/female: Absolutely anything George Strait (male country) or Miranda Lambert (female country)
- Vacation: anywhere there’s a beach!
- Hobby: photography OR quilting
- Season: Summer!
- Holiday: 4th of July
- TV Show: Chicago Fire
- Activity with the family: exploring
and last but not least
- Quote: “Be your own kind of beautiful.” It’s such a favorite I have it tattooed on my left forearm. It’s self-explanatory and quite simple. Be exactly who you are without worrying about what other people think of you. It’s not their opinion that matters.