May is quickly approaching which means Mother’s Day, birthdays, end of the school year & graduations, upcoming summer vacation, upcoming change in my work schedule, and did I mention summer?!?
Beings that summer is MY MOST FAVORITE season of the year, I have decided to set some goals for May to get the summer off to a wonderful start.
First Goal: A March for Babies walk and a week later, A Walk to Cure Arthritis.
- This is pretty cut and dried. It’s a 3 mile walk and I walk that most days in the summer so I’m pretty comfortable with this goal.
Second Goal: get a reunion BBQ planned that’s scheduled for the middle of May.
- make the guest list √check
- clean the yard and house
- decide a menu
- music or no?
- BBQ will be pretty laid-back so no fancy planning as far as venue, dress, etc. etc
Third Goal: do some volunteering at the hospital as well as donate some items such as a quilt or blanket. I am currently waiting to hear back from the Volunteer Coordinator.
- gather information √check
- pinpoint what I’d like to do
- gather needed supplies for choice volunteer activity
- set up dates and times
Fourth Goal: I am the process of making one quilt, but by the end of May, I would like have 2 or 3 quilts completed. I have about 5 quilts that I have bought the material for, but haven’t started.
- decide on patterns √check
- gather needed materials √check
- set times aside each day to work on the projects
- step-by-step process: cutting, ironing, sewing, ironing, so on and so forth
Fifth Goal: Spend some time getting to know my neighbor.
- set up a play date for the kids
- invite her family over for BBQ
All of this sounds pretty easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy, right?
But with 6 children in the house, although attainable the goals are, we will stop at 5 just so I’m not taking on too much at a time beings I still have a month of home-school left as well as my job (only part-time). Plus, my older children have schedules to keep so I have to sometimes drop what I’m doing to meet their schedules. It’s okay though, cuz they are definitely worth it ♥