As I always say, staying home with your children all day is the most stressful, rewarding ‘job’ a mother can ever have.
I say this with 100% honesty, all the love in my heart, and on some days, maximum irriatation.
But, I absolutely love it! Also said with 100% honesty.
Some days are harder than others, but the days are rewarding, even if just for minute, every day.
On the days that are hard, I am complaining to my husband that I want a JOB so I can get OUT of this house, AWAY from the kids.
And, always the logical one, he replies with “no you don’t. You don’t want a job and I don’t want to hear it.”
Well, who could know me better?
As I said, I really do love being home with them.
Now I work part-time.
And guess what?
My husband was right! I don’t want a job.
And I have miss them terribly on the day when I have to work!
I wake up on these work days and will the time to just stop for the day so I don’t have to go on my shift.
their days of laughter
and more laughter.
I am miss their loves, hugs, and kisses.
I am miss holding them in my lap and following me around the kitchen trying to help me cook.
I am miss their snuggles.
I don’t want to work!
And here’s 9 reasons why:
- I WANT to raise my children. I don’t want to pay someone to raise them for me.
- I WANT them to be taught by me, our values, our beliefs, our ethics and morals, our faith, etc….
- I WANT the FULL EXPERIENCE of motherhood.
- Working moms are great, but it’s not for me. My children need ME! They don’t need someone else’s mother. They need my love, my nurturing, my naturing, my smiles, my words, my hands, my heart….they need ME!
- It’s financially responsible sound for us. It would cost way to much for us to pay daycare for someone else to raise our kids so we can make money that we don’t get to keep because of the high cost of daycare. It just makes more sense.
- I just want to enjoy my children while they are young. Before I know it, they will be ready to move out on their own. Hell, my oldest is already 17!
- Plus, it’s what I know. Yes, I can learn a job. I can learn anything. But this is what I know as well as the most important thing I will ever know.
- I HATE schedules. A 9-5, 7-3, 6-2 job, whatever the hours, is not for me.
- And, I just don’t want to miss a thing!
I love being a mother and a wife. I no longer want a job.
I have often said how lucky I am to get to stay home and raise my kids in such a crazy world.
Sometimes I forget that, but I am lucky.