a million and one times a day i say:
- get off the table before you fall
- please wash your hands
- shut that door!
- get off the street!
- stop arguing over that _________.
and countless times, they hear what i say only to run off and do it all over again.
many times throughout my sunny days, i deal with a situation that brings a Bible verse to mind:
- “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” – John 13:34-35
- “Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.” – Ephesians 4:32
- “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” _ 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.” – Ephesians 6:1
- “Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything.” – Ephesians 5:22-24
and countless times i let myself be reminded by these Bible verses just what I am supposed to do as (1) a child of God, (2) a wife that loves, supports, and encourages her husband, and (3) a mother that teaches her children to love, trust and follow the Lord.
so many times throughout this life, we will endure heartache, watch others endure heartache, grieve for another or grieve for our own loss. we will have good days and bad days, we will have triumphs and we will have failures.
and such as that, it will be countless times we will pull ourselves or pull others up out of despair and we will lift one another higher in the goodness that God offers.
because that is what we do. and if we don’t then it’s what we should do.
i know. its not always so easy. sometimes i just plain don’t want to live my life the way that i should. sometimes the repetitiveness of my words drives even me insane.
however, it’s for the greater good of the sweethearts that have been entrusted to me and for the wonderful man i am married to. i have to put them before myself. do i neglect my own needs? of course not for i have a very important job to fulfill and i need to be at my best to do that. i have to be at my best mentally, emotionally, financially, and spiritually, to do the best i can for those i care about.
God has trusted me in this life to encourage my children, my husband, family, friends, and strangers alike toward Him so they may find fulfillment in their owns lives.
and for that, i am eternally grateful.