I love music.
I am not a singer by any means. I can’t carry a tune or hold a note to save my life, but that doesn’t stop me. I sing along with the radio anyway, no matter where I am or what I’m doing. If I know the song, then it’s guaranteed you’ll hear me singing.
Music is a source of relaxation for me. For just about anything in my life, I can find a song that relates to the situation. I was raised up on country music and gospel, two of the best genres of music.
So, here’s an 11 song playlist that about sums of my life, which, by the way, was harder to put together than one would think:
Thank God For Kids by the Oak Ridge Boys
- I chose this song because, well, my parents were pretty thankful that I was born and I guess I am too.
Beautiful Texas by Willie Nelson
- This one was chosen because on a very special day 36 years ago, my parents welcomed me into this world in our home state of beautiful Texas
On the Road Again by Willie Nelson
- We moved around so much during my life before I moved out of my parents home that this song just fits perfectly.
Roll On by Alabama
- This is a song that brings tears to my eyes every time I hear and fits quite nicely in my life because my daddy was a truck driver, long haul.
There Goes My Life By Kenny Chesney
- Like the two kids in this song, I became a young parent. I was a year or so older than the ones featured in this song, but I was still in high-school. This song tells the story very well. My life wasn’t over when I became pregnant. My life was just beginning.
Watching Airplanes by Gary Allan
- Here’s the tale of a break-up which works wonderfully for my own circumstances. The relationship with the man that fathered my child from the previous song ended after a four year and two kids stint.
All My Rowdy Friends by Hank Williams Jr.
- This song represents the stage of my life after the break-up from the previous song took place. One Big Party!
He Didn’t Have to Be by Brad Paisley
- This song touches my heart so much because my current husband has been a father to my three older children before he became a father to ours. It’s a special kind of person that willingly accepts that responsibility.
Once in a Lifetime by Keith Urban
- This is our song, the song we danced to at our wedding. It represents the love that he and I feel for one another, the love that everyone searches for.
- At this point in my life I have found God and this song represents His great love for us. He is with me all day, every day. All I have to do is call upon Him in prayer and let Him do His work in me.
Hot Mama by Trace Adkins
- This is so me! With a house full of children, a husband that works 40+ hours a week, and me (who works only part-time for the last 10 months but prior to that was a full time wife and stay home mother).
Each of these songs represent a bigger portion of my life. There are certainly more that fit perfectly for every day living, but these are the biggest events in my life that have shaped all facets of who I am.
Go ahead! Now you try. It’s challenging and fun! Pingback to me so I can read your stories 🙂